Friday 10 September 2010

Things For Friday

Today I have come across a couple of things that I think are pretty special. They do however have a most asymmetrical level of awesomeness. I'm really not sure whsat order to put them in. I could put the slightly 'meh' one first and risk boring you, dear gentle reader, into leaving. Equally if I put the 'meh'ish one after and have it as some massive anti-climax...

you know what?

Lets just ruddy forget about the meh one. It surprised me, it made me raise an eyebrow - but really its probably not that interesting. It was just about this story on the BBC about the world's most expensive book. 'Birds of America' by John James Audobon. RRP on this title is a cool $8.8m - so if you find a copy on your shelves don't chuck it out!

anyway

The most awesome thing that I have seen lately as to be this IMDB page. The Internet Movie DataBase is a fantastic resource - its one I check all the time. When I watch a film I am always like "oh is that thingy that was in that one film about the thing with the stuff". It drove my ex up the wall. So yeah, uyou can be pretty sure that that site is in my bookmarks.

The one page that is so great is the page for an actress with the name of  Anne Sellors (pictured). Ms. Sellors does not seem to have had a particularly active career in film and television (possibly on the stage she was more prolific) as she only has one credit next to her name.

I wonder if you had told her in 1984 that the one thing she would be remembered for in 2010 was that role how she would have felt about it. The part was in a TV movie called Threads which is described as being :

Documentary style account of a nuclear holocaust and its effect on the working class city of Sheffield, England; and the eventual long run affects of nuclear war on civilization.
 Which was probably no laugh riot. Ms. Sellors character in this presumably hard hitting issues driven drama is not given a name. Her character is referred to simply as "Woman who urinates herself". Am I very immature for finding this funny?

Woman who urinates herself

0 comments:

Post a Comment